Wednesday, April 4, 2012

No more yucky microwaves!!!

My favorite way to clean my microwave is so easy and doesn't take very long, so I'm sharing my method with all of you!

Take 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup lemon juice (You don't have to actually MEASURE this, just eyeball it), put it in a 2 cup container (so it doesn't boil over and make a bigger mess). Put it in the microwave and boil it until you have a good rolling boil (usually takes mine about 3 to 3 1/2 minutes), Stop microwave (DO NOT OPEN THE MICROWAVE) and allow to set for 15-20 minutes (or longer, if you don't get to it right away, it's not a crisis). Open the microwave, remove lemon juice/water, and wipe clean with hot water (you may possibly need a bit of dish soap, but shouldn't need any harsh cleaners).

I don't know HOW it works ... something in the lemon juice steam, I suppose, but it works and my microwave is clean without chemicals in my microwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment