Thursday, April 5, 2012

Free (or cheap) Chip Clips!

Hi, friends!

I found this idea on Pinterest and thought I'd try it. Well, I LOVE it!

I don't know about your house, but those "chip clips" always seem to be missing around here and it always seems expensive to purchase more. Well, the idea is to take those plastic hangers that skirts and pants come with when you purchase them, saw off the "clip" part, and off you go! Sweetheart sawed the first few off for me and decided that it wasn't worth the effort, but I loved how much tighter they seemed to grip. So, I decided to try removing the clips myself ... and I found that if I score both sides very well with the small saw, I can snap them off! Much easier than trying to "saw" through the whole hanger.

Oh, if this seems like too much of a hassle for you, my other solution is to purchase a bag of plastic clothespins... you get a whole bag for a few bucks - much less expensive per "chip clip!"

Happy savings!
Vicki

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317786.0

No comments:

Post a Comment