Thursday, March 22, 2012

Laundry Detergent


Laundry detergent is EXPENSIVE, especially if you want something with real cleaning power. This is about $20 to mix up, but it makes a LOT! (I started using my batch January 30th, and it's about 1/2 gone, but I do 1, if not 2-3 loads of laundry daily.) I LOVE this! It has a clean scent that is not overpowering, and my little ones with sensitive skin have not had a single reaction to it.

Laundry Detergent

1.4 lb 12 oz box Borax (2.15 kg or 76 oz) I found this at the hardware store
1.4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1.81 kg)
1 box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda 55 oz (3 lb 7 oz) detergent aisle
3 bars of Fels-Naptha soap detergent aisle
2 small containers of Oxy Clean (about 3.5 lbs total (1.58 kg) detergent aisle.

Grate the Fels-Naptha with your cheese grater.
Line a 5-gallon bucket with a heavy duty trash-bag.
In a well-ventilated area, pour everything into the lined bucket.
Mix well.*

* PLEASE be careful when pouring in and mixing the Borax.

I keep mine in a plastic container.

I use 1 rounding tablespoon per medium load, 2 flat tablespoons per large load.

Found here: http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com (via Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment