Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fabric Softener

Both of my children have sensitive skin, and per the dermatologist's recommendation, the dryer sheets and fabric softener had to go! (Bummer!) Well, that left a LOT of static in my laundry - yikes! So I had to find an alternative I could use, and FAST! I seemed to remember hearing/reading somewhere that vinegar could be used as fabric softener, so off to Google I went. Here's what I found to try: Vinegar as a Fabric Softener

I tried it and I LOVE it!


Fabric Softener

1 gallon white vinegar
20-30 drops essential oil
(essential oils are a little difficult to find, try the craft stores)

Add essential oil to vinegar, shake well.
Add 1/4 cup during the rinse cycle of the washer.
(I try to catch when the water is being added).

The vinegar scent rinses away - I promise!

You will need to shake this before each use to re-mix it.

1 comment:

  1. You will need to shake the vinegar before each use, otherwise the oils and vinegar separate.

    ReplyDelete